Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great first cruise on Carnival

Sail Date: December 01, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Simply put\, it was a fine cruise. I've sailed Royal C.\, Princess\, and this was our first Carnival cruise. The service was nothing but exceptional for us. They made us and our daughter feel special. She liked the slide the most :) and once she saw the larger slide on the \"Magic\" I was told I had to pick that ship next time..haha.. We were lucky with the weather too. It was like sailing on glass for 6 days. Last day\, we had a front move down from US and we had choppy water on way back to Miami so daughter was ill from that and many people must have felt the same way as getting to things was pretty easing\, no lines.

The embarkation/debarkation was suburb. We were shocked when we walked right up and onto the ship in the terminal since we did the check in while waiting at the airport. The food was fine\, nothing special in the dining room\, but this was typical on most cruises Ive been on. My daughter loved ordering her adult meal from the menu each night so that was great practice. The alternate dining was ok too\, all about expectations the Wok was a favorite of our family.

Activities were plentiful for daughter and us. Some people in the reviews complain about the load music by the main pool well sure\, its loud but not overly loud in my opinion and the further back from the pool you were\, the easier it was on the ears. I laid out and read a book with the music going plenty of times without an issue\, but I got on tiers away from the pool itself.

Shore excursions were good\, my highlight was the Grand Caymen shore snorkel\, but wife was disappointed in that the description is misleading. You dont walk in from a shore. So for a novice it might be more of a concern if they are not confident in their skills. (Also\, the 5min bus ride to the location from the pier\, they used every darn seat\, now you might think\, so whatExcept one seat was sitting on the front console with the driver and with your legs practically on the wife got this lucky seat

Pros: The service from the staff...and the weather was great!

Cons: no digital photo options

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!

Awesome as I mentioned above.. Alexandra showed me she cared very much for her patrons.!!!
EDGE performance was awesome.. great juggler and showman