Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Funship 2.0 excellent suprise!

Sail Date: January 01, 2014

Room Type: Suite

The refurbishing of the Liberty in late 2011 did it justice. It has a very young vibrant feeling to it with new furnishings\, food venues\, The Punchliner and the general craziness that makes it a funship. I felt that the age on board the ship was much younger than on other ships and that was a nice feeling. Carnival rolled out their new American Menu in the dining room the week we cruised and I feel that it was a bit of a disaster\, not the food\, but the service. The waitstaff were not very familiar with the new menu therefore the service was much slower than I ever experienced. Bar orders were slow or even forgotten\, coffee at the end of the meal was never even offered\, and what was ordered was not brought to the table. There are things to work out and maybe in time it will get better. This was the first time that we ate only 3 nights out of 7 in the dining room.

One highlight of the cruise was our stateroom\, the Junior Suite 9206. I had read a couple reviews and looked for layouts of the room but there was so many conflicting descriptions that I decided to just wait and see. I was delighted to see that it was very spacious and the balcony was 1.5 time larger than average. The bathroom had granite countertops and a jetted bathtub. I would say the bathroom was about double the size of an inside stateroom bathroom. The stateroom was conveniently located on the Lido deck forward and very quiet. This stateroom comes highly recommended.

Pros: Very young vibrant feeling\, Guy's Burgers!

Cons: The new American Menu in the dining room

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!

As always\, the housekeeping staff are always friendly\, kind and grateful.
LOVE the Punchliner comedians!!