Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Never Again on Carnival!

Sail Date: February 01, 2013

I will never cruise Carnival again.

Pros: The ports were great and the Carnival excursion in Belize on the river was amazing.

Cons: So hard to pick one. Food\, Servce\, Organization. Grand Cayman very unimpressive.

Recommends Carnival Liberty? No.

The ship itself was lovely. Maybe a little dated on the decor but certainly clean and well laid out.
Our best meal was in Belize and then at JFK airport. The food was edible but never more than luke warm. After 2 evenings we finally were seated where the service was good. Made to order wok and burgers were the best. Dinners were very disappointing.
Dated decor\, and some harsh lighting. Very clean and our cabin steward was wonderful. Ladies bring your own hair dryer! The one provided was not user friendly!
Spa staff was so rude on the first day I never went back. Dining services were poor. There was little to no service aft at the adults only pool area. Not even a photographer to be seeen. It was like people avoiding children were third class guests. Also there were obviusly some language barriers. I asked guest services were to find a personal item I had forgotten\, only to be told that I wold only find it in port. The next day we found it by accident in the gift shop.
Lots to do if you like game-show related themes. Shows were good but not the quality I have experienced before. Again aft deck 9 had no music never mind anything goig on!!! The Carnival organization for tours in Grand Cayman was appauling and their contractors were rude.