Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

My cabin was a nightmare of noise

Sail Date: December 21, 2013

Cabin: GUAR

I was assigned cabin 9274. In front of the cabin was an open archway to the hallway leading to the buffet, the swimming pools, and the elevators. No other cabin had this archway in front of it.

On the night of the 21st, people came by my cabin throughout the night talking, yelling, and keeping me from sleeping.

Early on the morning of the 22nd I went to Guest Services and described my problem. The person on duty said that she would get back to me after her supervisors arrived. After not hearing from anyone, I returned to Guest Services where I was told that there were no empty cabins and that they would have security patrol the area. They may have come by, but the noise continued unabated every day and night causing me many sleepless nights.

When I tried to rest in the afternoon the noises of the people walking by kept me awake. Additionally, teenagers would congregate outside my cabin for periods of time and at night the music and cheering from the pool area came right through the glass outside doors and kept me awake.

My cabin was a nightmare of noise. I have never been on a cruise ship where the public address system comes blasting into the cabins and where the cruise director makes speeches inconsiderate of the hours of the night.

I called Carnival on December 30, 2013. Their representative apologized so much that I told her to stop. She offered nothing. I asked for a supervisor and was told that she would say the same thing. The supervisor kept apologizing and I kept telling her that I was not satisfied and deserved a partial refund. She offered 15% on a future cruise. Both ladies tried to blame me because I let Carnival choose the cabin. What B.S.! I told her that I was disputing the bill with my credit card company, and she continued to be obstinate and not at all helpful, and finally she said that she would disconnect from me.

What kind of public relations and customer service was that?