Hospitalized after cruise

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

invalid-33581
Sail Date: October 26, 2013
Ship: Carnival Liberty

My sister was never on a cruise so I booked this cruise based on the ports of call.  The ports were great with my fave being Grand Turk.  Would highly recommend a visit there and I will definitely revisit as a destination vacation at a resort.  Service was okay and and food was generic and bland at best.  On our last day at sea we had to make a medical emergency stop at Nassau Bahamas.  Not certain what the medical emergency was but do know that my sister and I ended up being admitted to a hospital the very next day after the cruise:  my sister in ICU on a ventilator!  It is the sixth day after the cruise and my sister is still in the hospital and I am on heavy doses of antibiotics and steroids.  My sister contracted the flu and a bacterial infection and I was fortunate to have received a flu shot a month prior to our trip.  Coincidence?  I think not!

Cruise line gets their share of every purchase

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas Did not visit port