An ok cruise

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 20, 2012
Ship: Carnival Liberty
Cabin Type: Suite
Ship was nice but I thought there would be more shopping onboard. There was not a lot to do. Weather got bad last few days. Wasn't able to get off ship in Grand Caymen. No smoking areas available out of the weather except one small section by casino that was always too crowded and no seats. Food was buffet quality even in dining room. Don't believe their \"tax and duty free\" claims in the diamond store.

I was told there was AA meetings everyday. There was not. When they were scheduled it was when we were in port. Would be nice to have meetings scheduled at night during \"drinking times.\" There were LOTS of friends of Dorothy meetings\, maybe I was on wrong ship.

No children with me on this ship\, but I went down the water slide. Water was gross\, warm\, salty and tasted like pee.

I wish they could speak better English. Dining room wait staff was not very personable even though we had assigned dining and ate their every night. They could not get that I wanted COFFEE.

Seemed dated\, and elevators are slow.

The balcony on the captains suite is nice but there is NO protection from the weather like the other balcony rooms. I wish I would have known this before booking.

Pros: My room\, the captains suite

Cons: The food

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!