Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Liberty or Bust

Sail Date: September 15, 2012

The ship was clean. Room was clean. Cruise director was good. Room service was good and prompt. The cruise was generally good to real good except our dining wait staff including the Matre d was awful. I guess we drew the unlucky dining room. Dining every night is the cornerstone of any cruise. My water glass was never re-filled once and one night was never filled at all. NO one came for a drink order. The Matre d did not ONCE come to our table. I had to ask on night three which person was actually our waiter. I asked for them to please provide me my favorite dessert for the whole week which was on the menu the first night (nothing unusual because the last cruise they did this- Carnival Valor) and I was told NO. Our waiter never spoke except to take our order which consisted of pointing to the item on the menu mainly because the dining room was loud and filled with joy from the other tables having fun. We were always one of the last tables to get served and finished eating. (Table 437- late dining- silver dining room.) I guess I shouldn't be mad I got to keep all the cash I had brought to tip the dining staff. So dining was an F.

Pros: Nice attempt to do the cruise thing right.

Cons: Some things are lacking- effort- buy in and it is costly...

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!

Nice ship- decor was not quite my taste- you can tell where the original decor (tiles for example) were and the new refurbished decor- guess what folks the colors didn't quite match! Lots of guests were pointing this out. While I am at it- the ships name was Liberty- none of the decor had a Liberty type feel to it- where as the Valor has a valor- bravery type motif running through it.
Dining room comments see above. Steak house was excellent and all its staff! All the other food was good in the other places.
Clean and well done. Linen was worn. Mattress was not for me- but it is my issue I think.
There are excellent bartenders and drink servers. Spa was very good!
All was great except my dining wait staff. Some of the people in the stores were dis-interested in pulling out watches and items- I am a buyer and had to seek out help.
Less standup comedy than I wanted- I want it every night. The main shows in the daily guide of activities just needs to be featured more. I had to dig it out whereas it should be a headline in the daily list of activites. Nothing made me want to go to the theater. Excursions are expensive in my opinion. I was able to get off the boat pretty fast.
What I saw of the little ones- they looked like they were having a blast. I accidently wandered into the area where they were eating and the Staff almost took my leg off- very good and very protective A+ ( I didn't have kids on this cruise.)