Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruise 5/19/12

Sail Date: May 01, 2012

Cabin and dining room service was as good as we have seen in our 18 previous cruises on any line. The Red Frog/ Blue Iguana and Guys Burgers gives the poll area a different feel that both my wife and I liked. The food was good, if you know what to pick out of the menu (personal taste and experience) and we bought the cheapest wine package, which was quite good to our taste.

Pros: New Carnival 2.0 upgrades, dining, and comedy club

Cons: Weather actuallty, but we had problems with our shore excursion in Roaton

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!

I would rate it excellent, but that was because I stuck to things I knew wold come out correctly. The prime rib the first formal night was below par, but the second night was better as the waiter had them cook it a little rarer to insure tenderness. The appetizers were quite good and consumed a lot of my fair (3-4 per night).
Dining and cabin services were excellent, I am giving a pass on the other staff, as during embark and debark they didn't know what the order of battle was supposed to be and had to go ask after my asking questions. Announcements were not made on details. In addition, embarkation was pretty bad (worst of 18 cruises). They were late by about 1-1.5 hours in starting. Then, instead of calling in an order that allowed us to wait in air conditioning and seated, we were called and stood in line between the seated area and the entry point for at least 45 minutes in a long line that wrapped around deck 3.
I was satisfied with conditions and although it was Carnival decor, I was not distracted from my activities.
Efficient service and well done. My only complaint was the shower appeared to not regulate temperature properly, so I had an overly warm and too cold shower on two occasions. I asked for service between the two experiences and the root cause of the problem was not solved.
Male lead in shows had as good a voice as we have heard, but looks like he is 16. He is paired with a black girl who is short, stocky, has a good voice, looks mature, and could body slam him if she put her mind to it. Its was their incongruity that was a distraction to the show. I thought the dancers were quite good and couldn't take my eyes off of Rosy. Allen Ball (sp?) was excellent in the comedy lounge and we took in all of his shows. The piano bar was not good in the time we had to spend in it. He played name that tune for over an hour and we didn't hear a complete song while we were there between shows.