Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Wonderful First Cruise!

Sail Date: May 05, 2012

We recently sailed on the Carnival Liberty for the first time. It was my first cruise and my boyfriends third. Even he was struck by the size of this monster! From his past experiences, we were expecting a lot of kids running around and a lot of overcrowding. We didnt experience any of this. It might have been the time of year we went (beginning of May) but we happily took it! We took advantage of having a sit down meal in the dining room almost every night and our wait staff team was sooo attentive and on point! The appetizers were always good though we did have some hits and misses with the entrees, overall we were very pleased. We ate at the steakhouse one night and for the price I must say it was wonderful!! We were all a little skeptical but it was amazing and I must recommend everyone try it! The buffet lines were never too long and the burger place was to die for!! We must have eaten there every other day! All the Carnival employees were wonderful, from the cruise director to the room steward who remembered my name every time I passed him in the hallway. We had perfect weather and it was a wonderful first cruise for me! My only complaint was the tendering process we had to go through at two of our ports, what a nightmare!! My advice is if you have non-Carnival excursions in ports were you are tendered off shore, go down at least 30 mins earlier than they say and get a tender ticket and get on that first boat off the cruise ship!

Pros: Ports of call, food, Carnival employees, Spa, and Onboard Activities

Cons: The tendering process

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!