Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Carnival Liberty

Sail Date: November 01, 2011

I would completely recommend a cruise on the Carnival Liberty!!!
Areas of improvement
Bigger pools would be an asset.
The midnight buffet and artistic presentation of food seem to be missing from cruises of yester-year, but Carnival no doubt has to stay competitive. There was still tons of food but it was on a nice platter instead of in a large artistic arrangement.
Boarding and debarkation times were unacceptably long (2-3 hrs. ea.) If the terminal were bigger I should think this would be achievable. To get onboard I had to line up for security scan; line up for ticket check; and line up to enter the ship.
At the cruise stops if the ship docks then getting on and off for a day excursion was fine. But if the ship anchors and tenders take you to shore then wait times were unacceptable at 1-2+ hrs.
I was disappointed that all bars were not open all day. (Ironically I dont drink, but I want the option to drink if Im passing a bar.)
For someone like me that grew up in the age of video arcades the video arcade on ship was a joke, and some machines took coins but didnt work. (Okay, that part reminded me of teen years)
The shore excursions were a bit disappointing but I have to accept my share of responsibility there, I should have done more homework on where we were, what there was to do, and how to spend my time, rather than arriving and then figuring out what I could do.
Id like to see more formal and less casual in the main dining rooms at dinner time. If I want to be casual I can eat somewhere other than the main dining rooms.
The food was good and there were lots of choices. Id like to see Greek added. Im not Greek I just like the food.
The Sea Side Theater was great! Was there a movie every night? Im not sure, but there should be. Music concerts on the screen throughout the day would be nice. Leave CNN for the staterooms.
I was a bit disappointed there wasnt more of a party atmosphere, more discos or dancing or upbeat music throughout. Sorry but the live singers on the Lido deck were enough to make me jump overboard.
Our weather was great but I couldnt help but think there wouldnt be much to do if it was raining and we had to stay inside the ship all day.
So why do I recommend a cruise with so many required improvements? Because it was FUN thats why. Anything can be criticized and/or improved. I had fun with my family and thats why I went in the first place!
The food was good and there was lots of it and lots of choice, and the cheeseburgers from the cheeseburger place, there are no words to describe, lets just say O-M-G!
There was great blend of family friendly and adult entertainment, important for all the people like me with kids.
I loved having my me time each day, up early running on the track then a relaxed healthy breakfast by the window, back to the room just as the rest of the family were waking up.
Ask my son if he had a good time, he watched an entire movie while swimming in the pool. Now thats living!
What did we do on the Carnival Liberty? We had fun, and lots of it, thats what we did!

Pros: See below

Cons: See below

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!

Not bad, not sure what we would have done if it hadn't been nice weather and we'd all had to stay in.
Very good
Good, main dining room was a bit slow at times
A touch tight for mom, dad and the two kids but we expected this and managed. The TV worked but I think the remote had issues, we couldnt use menus; check our bill; order movies; choose a chanel with more than one digit.
Very pleasant and helpful.