A fine time!

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

invalid-33581
Sail Date: November 12, 2011
Ship: Carnival Liberty
The ship was just the right size - not too small and not too large. Thanks goodness for the map to help find my way around! Actually, it was fairly easy to find things after several days. The staff was wonderful!

I ate way too much!

They offered instructions in a variety of forms - written, TV, announcements. Really liked the daily flyer of what activities were happening around the ship. The entertainment was excellent. My only complaint was that I could not always stay up late enough to enjoy it. And the sound was too loud. It hurt my ears.

The ship staff was excellent.

The room was actually larger than I thought it would be. Perfectly comfortable for 2 people. Loved the towel creations and chocolate every evening.
We went on the tramway (Buy your tickets on the ship. They are less expensive than at the tram.) My favorite excursion on the whole trip was the one to St. John National Park. The ferry ride there was enjoyable and the tour of the island was phenomenal. Wonderful views! But the jeep ride on those hairpin turns is not for the unadventurous.
Don't Miss: St. John
We went to the rainforest on the other side of the island. Very beautiful. Had a great lunch at Restas, only a few blocks from the pier.
Don't Miss: Rainforest
This was a good first stop. Had it been the last, I think I would have been disappointed. The weather could have been better but you can't change the weather.
Don't Miss: swimming at the beach
Get away from the cruise terminal shops and the beach and go to the other parts of the island. We went to the Sand Bar, a private beach and restaurant. (It was one of the excursions from Cheap Tickets.) We rented snorkels and essentially had the beach to ourselves. They have the best coconut shrimp I ever had! Queen Bee was a good taxi driver and told us a lot about her home. Another guest there told me about the museum and that sounded interesting, but I didn't go. Perhaps next time.
Don't Miss: The Sand Bar

Pros: The excursions at the different ports were reasonably priced and well-planned. They gave the opportunity to see the islands away from the cruise terminal.

Cons: The music was too loud during the shows. It hurt my ears. I finally resorted to wearing ear plugs.

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!