Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Amazing Vacation

Sail Date: August 13, 2011

This was my first time on a cruise ship. I was a bit skeptical because I thought I would get motion sickness or be bored. But to my surprise I had a lot of fun and I only got motion sickness once. My entire family enjoyed absolutely everything. The food was abundant and every night they offered something different. You could never get bored.
The entertainment was for us the highlight of the trip. The Punchliner comedy was hilarious! My mother enjoyed the nightly Vegas style shows the best. There is something for everyone. We all learned how to make the animal towels that they left in our cabin every night.
We took the Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios vacation. The excursions on the ship were over priced. I would suggest you wait until you get the country and purchase an excursion from a local. Jamaica was the most impressionable out of all 3. You do have to be careful. We were hustled for about 2 blocks to pick a tour guide. We decided on the nicest one, Pamela Broderick. She was an amazing tour guide and very sweet. All the tour guides have identification and don't asked to be paid until the end of your day. But don't carry too much and try not to create attention onto yourself, sadly Jamaica is a struggling nation. Nevertheless, the people are kind and the natural resources are like none other.
Which ever cruise you chose have fun and enjoy every minute of it because it's all over too quickly.

Pros: The crew members, the food, my cabin, and the activities.

Cons: There was too many people on board, it felt crowded at times.

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!

We stayed in a balcony cabin and it was perfect. The bathroom was a decent size and the room fit us all comfortably.
The ship itself had many themes throughout. Everything was beautiful and Up to date. Honestly I have nothing to say that look in any way used or old.
We got the any time dining plan, which was perfect for us. The Golden Olympian dining room was amazing! The best waiters in there are Mario, Ellen, and Lorant. The staff works in teams and they are the best team. The buffet was just as good. The 24 hour pizza was delicious, especially the goat cheese pizza. The sushi was not great but it was not bad either. There was such a large variety of meals that I could not possibly be able to describe them all. You have to see it for yourself.
The only way I can compare the quality of service is to that of Disney World. Everyone knew our name and said good morning/good evening. I wish everyone can be that kind everyday. It was absolutely perfect.
We were never bored, there is always something to do.
We rented a car and drove around the island. It's was beautiful.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Amazing natural resources. You have to try the sweet bananas, the coconuts, the cocoa, and the nutmeg.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Best beach I have ever seen! I never wanted to leave. We might come back very soon but to stay there for a while and not just one day.