Great Getaway

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: July 01, 2011
Ship: Carnival Liberty
Beautiful vessel -gawdy decor

The buffet was always crowded but that's to be expected. The food was awesome as usual. I even went to the steakhouse one evening and the quality was above and beyond what's expected. I've been to Mortons and Peter Lugers and the food quailty is up there (while not quite) but definitely a contender.

The dancers were awful. I mean, I think I could've done the same job that they did. It seems that they just learned dance steps and aren't really dancers. The Vegas style shows were hard to watch so I was very disappointed there. The comedians were funny and there were plenty for the kids to do.

Camp Carnival is awesome and I can't believe it's a free service. The counselers were so patient with my 2 y/o even though he refused to stay beyond an hour. My 11 y/o had a blast and made friends. I also rented a stroller for $30 for the entire trip so I can push the young one around when we were at port. It was well worth it although I suggest you bring your own stroller if you don't want a tired kid at the ports. My husband took the stroller out of my car or else I definitely would've had my own stroller. Still a good investment.

They were good I guess....no complaints. Our dining staff was amazing.

The largest ship I've been on before this was the Destiny and this one is a little bigger. Overall it was a beautiful ship. I hated the decor as it was quite gawdy for my taste. Lots of curlyques and heavy material. I'm more for lighter colors and cleaner lines.

I didn't like the size of the bathroom but the water temp was out of this world fantastic...Lots of closet and storage space to unpack for a family of 3 plus under bed storage to hide your suitcase. Very spacious stateroom.
It was ok for what it was. We were just on the beach and they had a barbecue lunch which was pretty good. It's as expected. I sat on a beach chair under a tree (for shade) and read while the family frolicked in the beach. That's my idea of a vacation so It was quite relaxing for me.
Don't Miss: No real sites at this port. Just a good time at the beach basically.
Again, we didn't purchase any tours but this was our best port because we walked Old San Jaun and we went to the fort. The views and history are amazing here. Also lots of tours of the city here but we just went out on our own. We wanted to tour the Bacardi factory but it was on the other side of the island and with our large group, we just didnt' have the time. I still had a blast
Ok so I was most excited about this port because I've heard nothing but good things about Turks and Caicos. I assumed Grand Turks would just be an extension of that since it's the largest island. WRONG.....we rented a car instead of taking the tour for $39-49 pp including 2 and 3 yo kids. We drove to the light house, saw the replica of John Glen's space capsule in front of the smallest airport known to man and tried to find the salt factory. The shopping area 'downtown' was literally one block. Absolutely nothing to see here and I was hugely disappointed. We spent the rest of our time at the beach which was great. The water was beautiful. I think the single folks or folks traveling w/o kids would have a blast at the dock because Margaritaville was there. I would've probably spent my entire time there having a good time with my hubby if we didn't have all the kids and other family members with us.
Don't Miss: I guess Margaritaville for the younger folks without kids but if you didn't know it that could've been anywhere.
I love St. Thomas. Since I've been there before I didn't do any tours this trip but there's lots to see here. I just took a cab to town and shopped but there are lots of island tours you can do at this port.

Pros: Food, entertainment

Cons: see review

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!