1st Time Cruiser. Not impressed.

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Helpful Vote: 1

invalid-33581
Sail Date: November 13, 2010
Ship: Carnival Liberty
First time cruiser. Was disappointed in the overall quality of the ship (poor decor, and cheap/cheesy materials). Food was subpar.

If you are an independent person and a foody, you probably won't like cruising. I felt 'trapped' and claustrophobic aboard the ship, and at the ports we were 'herded' to specific areas... Might as well have stayed in the states. (Turks and Caicos was especially 'touristy'). I felt like the whole cruise experience insulted my intelligence.

I am not sure if this is just an isolated Carnival experience, but I won't use this line again if I ever go on another cruise.

Disappointed in the food... Was expecting more for my money. Exceeded in quantity, but not quality.

Once again, super cheesy. Comedian was HORRIBLE.

Staff (especially the steward and his staff) was always friendly and professional.

Horrible decor. Not sure what the architect was thinking. Very cheesy schemes and materials.

Not sure what to compare it to. Small of course. Same cheesy design for a ship that is only three years old.
Pretty, Shopping was horrible at the port area. Went on a Catamaran/snorkeling excursion. It was pretty.
Probably liked this the best, because I felt more 'free' to explore the area. San Juan was very accessible (on foot) off of the port. Pretty city, but it stunk...
Kind of fun. Wish I had purchased the Atlantis tickets.
Very disappointed in this port. It just 'dumped' the cruisers on to this very commercialized, small beach and shops. We walked up the beach just to get away from everyone. The whole cruise felt like it was shoving us in certain directions whether we wanted to participate or not, and this was the pinnacle of the whole cruise. The water was gorgeous, however. I would have liked this island if I weren't on the cruise.

Pros: The massages/staff was friendly

Cons: The cheesy atmosphere

Recommends Carnival Liberty? No.