Ton of Fun

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: November 01, 2010
Ship: Carnival Liberty
The ship was remarkable, and the crew exceptional. I have been on two other cruises before, both to Alaska and both with Princess. I was blown away on how much better Carnival was. The staff was super helpful and friendly. Carnival is a cruise line that offers nonstop activities and fun. The ship is decorated with bright and vibrant colors. The food I would say was about the same which I recieved on Princess. Lines were not long maybe a 2 to 3 minute wait on average for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Cruise Director Butch was a kick in the pants, talk about a guy that absolutely loves his job and shows it!What I didnt like was the fact that food was hard to come by once you are in port. I guess they force people out to spend their money eating somewhere on dry land. The sandwich and burrito bar were very nice but were only open a few hours a day and there was no sign posted as to when these times were. The shows were good but not over the top. The layout of the ship was difficult at times because on certain floors, in order to get from one end of the ship to the other you had to go up 2 or 3 floors, go across and then back down. It does irritate me however that I purchased a COKE card for 50 dollars for "unlimited soda for free". what they dont tell you is that if that soda is delivered to your room then its not free. I did not agree with that. Alchohilic drinks were priced a bit steep but not much more than you would expect to pay at your neighborhood bar. The main pool was crowded all the time which can be expected, but there are several other pools which normally had limited people. Dont hesitate to book with Carnival. I am planning an exotic western caribbean again with them soon! enjoy!

Some things were good somethings were bad. I dont take into acccount peoples opinions of food because everyone likes different things. However the food was never cold when supposed to be hot and never hot when expected cold.

Good shows. I enjoyed the Carnival passengers impersonations show on the last day the most.

Just had our first child! The Liberty was partially responsible for that!

Great staff, never had any problems with anyone

Beautiful ship, layout was weird

Pros: Shows, Cruise Director was hilarious, friendly staff

Cons: little things

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!