Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Worst; you get what you pay for

Sail Date: January 01, 2010

This was our 4th cruise with Carnival within the past 5 years. The itinerary was supposed to be St Thomas, St Maarten & San Juan - they thought taking out St Maarten and "giving" us Grand Turk & Bahamas should have thrilled us. It didn't - that's not what I purchased. I received ZERO appology and just got a "we reserve the right to change the itinerary at any time" speech. Their private island is boring - it's just a beach, that's all. San Juan is just a dump and there aren't many shore excursions to choose from. Grand Turk was terribly damaged in Hurrican Ike and if you leave the beach, you will see that. They wanted the adults to wear helmets for the horseback riding! Are you kidding me?! Absolutely disgusting!

Hot tubs were never hot, they kept the covering over the adults pool until 10 or 11 each day. If I wanted to sun bathe with loud abnoxious kids around, I would have brought my own and done it in the "everybody" pool area. There's an adult pool for a reason - for those of us truly on vacation away from children. I asked numerous crew about uncovering the top and kept getting told they would look into it and disappear. Others said it was on a timer - bull. It opened at a different time every day.

Customer service was HORRIBLE. Employee morale is completely down. Being 4th time loyal Carnival cruises should have gotten us some decent service - it didn't. In fact, I think we were treated worse! Never again will we sail with Carnival. They may be the cheapest, but you also get to cruise with people who can't afford to cruise, so they choose carnival. Totally low class.

Pros: ??

Cons: Customer service, boring Bahamas, boring San Juan, damaged Turks

Recommends Carnival Liberty? No.

Only 1 outlet
Very poor employee morale
Decor was nice, hot tubs were NEVER hot
It was ALWAYS cold