Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean

Great cruise for the money

Sail Date: October 01, 2009

This is the cruise we took for our honeymoon. The ship was about half full I would say, making it actually quite managable to get around. The cruise director, Butch was teh best I have ever encountered. I am an avid cruiser, and tehis was mu now hubbys first cruise ever. The ship was a bit smaller than I was expecting. The ceilings were low throughout, rather than the grand feeling you get from other ships. We should have sprung for a suite...we had a balcony nroom on the 8th floor. I got to peek into some suites...they are worth the upgrade!!! Do it!!!!! The beds are not comfortable, however teh pillows are. Don't forget your watch, because as usual there are no clocks in the rooms. This was by far the cleanest ship I have ever been on. The ports were great, the debarcation flawless, and in October- we had PERFECT weather. The entertainment on the ship was lacking in a big was....bad commmedian, a hypnotist, some silly games...we preferred to stay at the piano bar or casino for the action. This cruise was filled with older couples. We did find one other couple our age that we spent the entire week with. For the most was 45 and up. The food: Average at best. I was actually a little embarrased, because I went on an on about how good the food would be to my hubby. It was over salted and bland for the most part with GREAT presentation. Drinks were a great price at 5-7 dollars. We brought in our own liquor with ease...shhhhhh ;) The gym and teh spa are both by far superior to other ships. Great prices on mens haircuts and specials on the last day. Stateroom was clean, obnoxious orange in color. The attendant was awesome and very attentive. My husband has now seen what cruising is like, and he's ready to book the next one, so that's a good thing! Enjoy your'll like this ship!

Pros: The cleanlieness of teh ship

Cons: The food and teh waitstaff

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!