Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Disappointment Cruise

Sail Date: June 28, 2008

This was our first cruise and it did not come close to meeting our expectations. There was plenty of food, but the ship lacks personnel who understand how to prepare the food. It was flat and unseasoned. I actually lost 2 pounds. Part of the entertainment was pretty good, but for the most part I give it a C. The cabin staff did a very good job and was courteous, but many of the other staff was cold and would not smile. The service was poor. No one offered to get you a drink or refill your tea or coffee etc. The staff did not speak very good english and the public address person spoke as though he had a mouth full of something other that words that you could understand. The underage was out of control. There was no control over proper attire for evening dining. We could have gone many places for the cost of this cruise. I'm really disappointed that i chose this cruise as my first adventure. It truly is lacking. I hope that the upper management will take note. Thank you, Disappointed in Texas.

Pros: Our cabin was comfortable and I slept well.

Cons: food, entertainment, anti social staff

Recommends Carnival Liberty? No.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
San Juan was clearly the best site, but this was the shortest stop.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Grand Turk Island