Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Our First Cruise

Sail Date: February 01, 2010

The ship was great, as was the crew. The service was incredible. Tip money is paid at the end which is a wonderful concept. Bands and entertainment in every major part of the ship. The music was superb. Program Director Butch is an amazing guy. I did not meet him personally but he makes the whole cruise sooo much better. I would book any cruise just knowing Butch will be at the helm.

Pros: Port of Call - St Thomas, USVI

Cons: Ship motion from active waters

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!

Let me explain the lower rating. I was given an extremely difficult time when I had souvenir knives taken from me. I didn't mind handing them in, but the suggestion that they would be destroyed pissed me off. I bought these souvenirs. These are not weapons. I understand security in this age but use common sense and don't threaten to destroy my personal property and make me wait 3 days without a word of information. The items were returned in the end but only because of my relentless follow up calls. Improve on this aspect please. This alone will ensure I will not return to Carnival.
Good shows, passenger interaction, some really talented musicians. They take care of all ages, and all tastes, too.
The ship is great. This was my first cruise, so I have nothing to compare to, but I loved that ship. Spectacular.
The food was awesome. I did not overeat, but that was very difficult to control because the food was so good. The quality is there, the variety, the ambience.
It was perfect. Small but not tight. I don't know how some massively overweight people manage in the bathroom, but I think it was perfect for us.