Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Awesome time on the Carnival Liberty

Sail Date: January 01, 2010

This was my first cruise and I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would! I was with a group of 6 people including family and friends. There were so many things to do it was hard to choose - I loved the availability of food at various times as it was easy to get distracted and lose track of time. I enjoyed both pools, especially the quieter (no kids allowed) adult pool in the stern. Also the hot tubs were nice to relax in. We ate at the Silver Olympian the later seating which was perfect for us. We also ate at Harry's Steak House one night and it was delicious. As a matter of fact all of the food was really awesome. The pizza place near the adult pool was open 24 hours and we took advantage of that several times. We also had sushi which was really good at the small sushi counter near the casino. We went to most of the bars/clubs on the ship, but our favorites were the pool bars, the casino bar and the piano bar which had a wonderful performer Brad who really kept the party going with his r rated sing alongs - great fun!! I thought the stop in Cozumel was the best mostly because of the amount of shore time being the longest. We took a van/driver to a beach about 20 minutes from the ship and had a great time. We went to Grape beach on Grand Cayman and it was just beautiful too. In Ocho Rios we did the Chukka zip line and river float which was fabulous and I highly recommend. The staff on the Liberty was amazingly friendly and really did everything they could to make our vacation memorable. Our cabin steward and our dinner servers and the bar servers all have amazing memories and within a day or two were greeting us by name! Kudos also to Butch the cruise director - he had lots of enthusiasm and fun activities every day. Overall a great time on a wonderful ship!

Pros: The friendly and courteous staff!

Cons: The reserving of deck chairs-even though it's technically not allowed everyone did it

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!

It was delicious!!!
We had a balcony room that was spacious and clean. Loved our room steward!
The staff was super friendly and helpful
Tons of stuff to do