Nice ship, poor layout.

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Carnival Liberty

6 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail Date: November 04, 2007

Ship: Carnival Liberty

Review Summary

This was my 7th cruise, and my 2nd on Carnival. Our embarkment was fine, normal for Carnival! We had to wait a bit due to customs inspection. The ship was adequately decorated, little on the cheap side. The layout of the ship was not conducive for getting around. Our cabin was on deck 10, fwrd, and they assigned us to the aft dinning room, which was horrible getting there. We had to take the elevator down to the 2nd floor - walk to the back of the ship thru cabin hallways, then take the elevator back up to the 3rd floor.

Ship Experiences

The food was excellent quality, however if you are a vegetarian, this was not for you. The ship did not cater to that, which really did not add up since the trend is heading in that direction.

I was very impressed with the one night, however they really did lack in shows, for Royal Caribbean has more nights of "Vegas" style entertainment!

The ship was extremely clean, the staff was continually vacuuming and dusting.

Awesome! I have always been lucky and had wonderful cabin stewards.

Ports Of Call

George Town, Grand Cayman

I have NO desire to ever go back there! Shopping was poor, and the beach was very difficult for swimming due to the coral reef. I'm sure that diving is great, but that is not for me. The island was trashy and very small. I was under the impression that this was a "classy" island,, and it SO was not. We had 6 traveling with us, and the opinion was the same. On a good note, the people are extremely friendly.

Key West, Florida

I have been to Key West 4 times, and love it. Very safe and friendly.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

This island was "ok". Shopping was great, but did not really enjoy the layout of the beaches. We went to a public beach, which felt like lake water! Perhaps this was our fault, and we should have visited a "paid' beach. Theft is very high there, and I just don't appreciate this type of touring. Enjoyed the Bahamas much more.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Key West, Florida

I have been to Key West 4 times, and love it. Very safe and friendly.

George Town, Grand Cayman

Pros: Food was wonderful, absolutely no complaints! I felt that the staff went above and beyond, especially the cabin stewards!

Cons: The layout of the ship.

Recommends Carnival Liberty? No.