Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Unbelievable First Time!!

Sail Date: February 11, 2007

For a first time cruiser this was a great start to a new venue of experiences. There was always something to do, and people were always ready to help out. I was impressed with the variety of activites, both on and off the ship. I have to say this opened my eyes to a new way for me to vacation.

Pros: Friendly staff and plenty to do.

Cons: Easy to get lost for a first time cruiser.

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!

The closest thing I have to a complaint about this cruise regards the food and service in the main dining room. There were plenty of options for food every night. The food was good, but I have to say it was about standard for a nice resteraunt. It was good but nothing spectacular. My particular server was par at best. The alternative dining options made my dining experiences much more pleasant with both variety and qaulity.
This ship was huge! It was great for all the activites offered. The stateroom I was in was larger than I expected after hearing other experiences. The art and decorations around the ship were amazing!
The staff was amazing! No matter where on the ship I was and what I needed, somone was always there to help me out or find someone who could. I was impressed by the number of staff that remembered my name throughout the cruise. I almost felt like I was visiting friends.
I was in an outside stateroomon the starboard side of the ship. To be completely honest, I spent so little time in my stateroom, that if it had been an inside room I would have never noticed. The room I had was relatively large and comfortable. Nothing really grabbed my attention about the room, but I had no complaints about it either. I was always comfortable in my room and it was always clean.
Morning, noon, and night something was going on somewhere on the ship. There was almost too much to do because I couldnt get to everything that I wanted to do. It gave me many opportunities to try out new things I may not have tried at home or on another vacation. The shows were always well performed and impressive in both costuming and execution.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
This was one of the places that if you werent doing a shore excursion, you might as well stay on the ship. There were a few small shops at the port, but other than that there wasnt much to do or see nearby.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
This was a fun port to just roam around the beach, lounge at the pool bar, or just browse the many different pieces of jewelry, crafts, and souvenirs found in the area. People were friendly, but always trying to sell something to someone. Not a place to go if you cant say no.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
George Town, Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman was a shoppers paradise. The variety of shops, quality and price of products, and the number of restaraunts was almost overwhelming. Almost anything you can think of to buy, you can find in this port.
Don't Miss: Tortuga Rum Cakes!!! Dont leave port wthout at least one.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Don't Miss: Tortuga Rum Cakes!!! Dont leave port wthout at least one.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island