Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

What a "Fun Ship"

Sail Date: December 01, 2009

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Room Type: Suite

I am a very seasoned cruiser and this is my first time on a Carnival. What a great surprise. My children like so many other children see the commericals and have been begging me to take them on a "fun ship" and we went away on a holiday cruise on the Liberty. What a treat! To begin with, it is a great value for the money, with most people scaling back, I enjoyed that Carnival is less expensive than most other ships and I must tell you, it was more fun than I had on the others. Except for the food, I had to drag my children off the boat to see the islands and spend time with me. I have been on the RCCL, NCL, Princess, Celebrity, and Crystal. I think Carnival has such great energy, wonderful service and a great bang for your buck, not to mention, great service, I was pamperred and my hand was never without a cocktail or a soft drink. Our stateroom was impecciably clean and maintained. I was sooo greatly surprised by Carnival, cant wait to go another fun ship!

Pros: Entertainment, Energy, Service, Staterooms, Value

Cons: Food

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!

Only bad comment was the food BUT I LOVED HARRYS..if you upgrade to the restaurant you get FANTASTIC food, but otherwise food not great, but good enough for the children and for a week of cruising.
Carnival takes pride in their quality of care of the children programs, the staff actually ENJOY being with the children. My children, 3 boys 9, 7, 7, didnt want to get off the boat and had the time of their life. I had to beg them to spend time with me and I didnt feel that there were kids unruly like so many people complain, Carnival does a great job having enough activity for EVERYONE!
EXCELLENT...someone always cleaning and never saw a speck of dirt or a dirty plate sitting around.
Had a suite and was so big, bigger than other cruises I have been on. Had a walk in closet, and double vanity bathroom and jacuzzi tub, BUT, I looked into other staterooms and the wonderful thing about Carnival is that their staterooms are bigger than most and I must say that the balcony rooms looked plenty BIG...
EXCELLLENT SERVICE! When we disembarked I went on anotther cruise on a much higher class ship and they should take notes from Carnival on service...was actually disappointed with other ship compared to Carnival. They know how to service their customers.
Vegas style shows with fantastic energy!