Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

For the most part a great experience

Sail Date: September 01, 2009

I recently went on the Liberty on a trip to the western Caribbean (Cozumel, Oho Rios, and Grand Cayman). Overall my experience was pretty great. Our cruise director, Butch, was very friendly and outgoing making the whole trip a little smoother and entertaining. This was our first cruise. For what you get with this vacation its a great value. That being said one of the very few things I could rate it low on was the quality of the food. You get an abundance of food but most of it is mediocre food. One of the best things that's opened for most of the day is the deli, and the grill. the pizzeria is open 24hrs. Those are always safe bets. The dinning hall was kind of a hit and miss. If we had a bad experience with the food we just went up to the deli or the pizzeria usually. The elegant nights were kind of a pain because they happened twice. But like I said earlier everything else was great and I would probably sail again on the Carnival Liberty. If you do get a room with a patio, it's worth it!

Pros: Great staff, great cruise director, and great shows

Cons: the food, and the elegant nights

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!

Read above review
Get a room with a patio, it's worth the extra money!
They offer Vegas style shows almost every night and have most days planed with activities that would interest almost anyone.