Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

amazing relaxing getaway!

Sail Date: February 01, 2009

It had been about 10 years since I had last been on a cruise. And I was completely impressed with this ship - I liked even better than the line I had been on once before! Everything was very organized upon the arrival and leading all the way up to departure. The friendliness of the staff was phenomenal and everyone was so helpful!

Pros: timeliness, friendly staff, lots of options for onboard fun

Cons: nothing!

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!

Lidia, our stewardess, was phenomenal! She introduced herself and her assistant on the first day and everyday we saw them we were greeted with big warm smiles!
Our waitress and waiter, Kostadinka and Gabor, were awesome! They were so helpful and very personable. At night it felt like we were sitting down with long lost relatives.
On the site we chose a room that said it was an interior room but stated that the location was an oceanview room. We didn't expect that at all so when we got to the room we literally jumped up and down because we saw the huge window and it was jus great!
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Some of the people you came across in Ocho Rios were sketchy. I'm from NY and I'm used to people coming up and trying to sell you stuff, but you say "no" twice and they leave you alone. In Jamaica, they don't let up. We walked up the falls and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life! The guides, Shaw and Peeping Tom (cameraman), were really fun. Our tour bus guide, Marie, was really cool too. But once you were alone outside the port we were just bombarded. You have to have a thick skin or just stay on a tour.
Don't Miss: Dunns River Falls
My friend and I took a Mexican Cooking and Tasting class and were able to spend a little over an hour at the beach. It was so gorgeous! It really felt like we were in paradise. We went back to the ship to relax for a little then hit the port again at night to do some shopping.
Don't Miss: The beaches.
George Town, Grand Cayman
We took a tour with 4 other guests on the Liberty and our driver, Christine, was amazing! She was born and raised in Grand Cayman so she had a lot of history of the island, which was really nice. We did some shopping and found a computer to make free phone calls home from a souvenir shop, I don't remember the name, but you had to walk up a flight of stairs.
Don't Miss: Hell