Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

My Experience

Sail Date: September 01, 2008

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I had a poor experience with Carnival. Maybe I'm selfish but I was coming home on R&R from my deployment from Afghanistan and a few weeks out my plans changed due to mission requirements in Afghanistan and I needed to come home a few weeks earlier. I tried to change my dates for my cruise through and carnival and it was a nightmare. I even had insurance but it was useless. Carnival and made it very confusing trying to make the change and they totally tried to create ways to exploit my situation for more money. I didn't really expect special treatment but what I received was unexpected and shameful. I recommend you think twice about Carnival or .

Pros: Nothing

Cons: Customer Service

Recommends Carnival Liberty? No.

The worst I have ever experiences. If entertainment and shows are important, do not take this cruise. The worst, the worst, the worst, did I say the worst.
I liked how the ship was decorated. The pools are small and the ship's design is not kid friendly or pool friendly. We love the pool and see that as a focal point but this ship had such small pools and they were crowded most of the time.
Staff was courteous but not great. Having gone on 3 cruises this was the last impressive crew but nothing alarming.
Nothing special about the food here. It was good but not great. It you want great food, then try something else, if food is not that important you won't be upset.
The rooms felt larger than others we have stayed in so the size was great; however, the room was typical cruise layout. A great room attendent though. Beds were very comfy and the pillows were great.
A solid kids program. Our daughter (5 years) enjoyed using the program and my 10 year old liked the PS2s. Facilities were good. The crew seemed a little put out by the fact that our daughter kept coming each day though. I think they really didn't like their jobs.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
We did el yunque. A great family event with exercise.
Don't Miss: El Yunque
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Very nice beach. Crowded but nice.
Don't Miss: Beach
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Great port, go to St john it is worth it.
Don't Miss: St John