Relaxing Cruise

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

6 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 23, 2008
Ship: Carnival Liberty
Liberty is a beautiful ship; both elegant and fun. I really enjoyed myself.

There was a variety of food everyday but I thought there would be more specialty restaurants. There was one and it was $30. I think that is outrageous!

Comedians were good. I didn't care for the live "band" on the Lido deck. They kept singing the same songs over and over every day. I also didn't care for the variety show dancers and singers. They had other fun activities on the ship for all ages that made it fun.

Waiters were very nice. They went out of their way to make us happy. Housekeeping staff were not friendly. I loved the cruise director, Steve, he was hilarious!

Beautiful well kept ship. Crew members were constantly cleaning and polishing floors, windows, and banisters. Everything was sparkling clean. I loved the decor. Activities were fun. I especially liked the miniture golf on top deck and the big screen on the pool deck.

I loved my balcony room. The decor was simple but nice. Very good use of space. I thought it was roomy for a cruise. The only thing I didn't like is that the bed was two twins pushed together so there was a hump in the middle. We had to sleep as though we were in separate beds.
The Falls were beautiful! Although I did not climb it, everyone I spoke to who did said it was a blast.. I also enjoyed Dolphin's Cove. The beach was small but we had it to ourselves. I love the vegetation in Ocho Rios. It makes everything look so beautiful. I didn't think the merchants were too bad. If you let them know you are not interested they'll leave you alone. If you do want to shop however, DO barter because they will always give you a high price and everyone is selling the same thing so you can usually get a deal by saying you are getting a deal at the next stop.
Don't Miss: Dunns River Falls
Not much to do. Water activities were cancelled due to under currents. Not much else to do there. Everything is outrageously priced. US dollar is only worth $0.80. They are arrogant about not accepting US coins.

Pros: ship and ports

Recommends Carnival Liberty? No.