Never Again

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

6 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 23, 2008
Ship: Carnival Liberty
Let me start off by saying this was my first cruise and I did not know exactly what to expect. The ship itself was very nice, the food while plentiful, just was not impressive and the amount of leniency in the dress guidlines was comical at best. (nothing like showing up for dinner in a tie and some guy across the table from you has on jorts and a t shirt. The service was only found in the dining rooms. I did not even know my stewarts name. My friend had a bikini as well as some personal articles taken from our room, and there were hundreds of screaming little kids running around like wild indians. (most of the parents were not much better). There were lines for everything, an annoying amount of people trying to take your pictures, and most morning by 9:00AM there was a towel, or some flops, or a t-shirt in every deck chair to signify their status as taken.
If I do ever decide to go on another cruise, it will not be Carnival, and I would definately try to do some research with whatever line it is to see the ratio of adults to kids on board, and to make sure it isn't sold out and barely mangeable service-wise.

Not what I expected.

All geared towards kids.

Lock your safe, and do not expect service if anything happens.

Ship Itself is super nice

I was jealou of the boat that got to dock right behind Duval street.
Don't Miss: Sloppy Joe's Margaritas
Started at margaritaville and it's shopping center, got a cab to take us to a beach. The beach was creepy and felt unsafe, so we paid the cabbie to take us on a 30 min island tour for 60 bucks! (well worth it) Then back to Margaritaville where the beach was clean and safe feeling, and had access to food and drinks. Stayed all day.
Don't Miss: Stay at Margaritaville
I expected a shopping mecca, instead it was 10 of the same three stores, and jewelry more expensive than back in the states.. While nicer and safer feeling than Jamaica, i just was not a fan. There were also 4 other ships in port so it was a crazy line getting on and off the shuttle boats.

Pros: Honestly, Jamaica, and coming home.

Cons: long lines for sub-par food. Hundreds of ill-behaved little kids. Baithing suit and personal items missing from room. All deck chairs "held" by 9:00 am most mornings.

Recommends Carnival Liberty? No.