Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

First time cruiser

Sail Date: October 21, 2007

The ship was beautiful, inside and out. Exceptionally clean. On the last day, the stewards were cleaning the carpets and wiping down all of the doors and hallways to ensure the next set of cruisers had the "best". Unfortunately I did not get to the pool at all on our 7-day cruise. There were plenty of other things to do in its place. This was our first time on a cruise. Mother age 80, me age 58 (and celebrated my birthday on the cruise,) three sons ages 35, 33 and 29 and my granddaughter age 12. There was something for all of us to do. It was relaxing, calming and yet the most fun I have ever had.

Pros: The dining experiences

Cons: Not having enough

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!

Rooms were adequate, but very clean and tidy. Towel animal every night along with mints and turn-down of the sheets. The beds were quite comfortable. I shared a room, so we both had twin beds. The comforter was white! And with all of the guests, it was still white! I was on an end room only with two other rooms. It was extremely quite.
There was a Halloween party on board, but we didn't know about it in advance, so did not bring a costume. Had we known, we would liked to have participated. It seemed that there was not enough time in the day to do all what the cruise ship offered. Bingo, casino, laying out on the deck, shopping, reading, relaxing.....
Carpets were extremely clean and neat. Stairways were polished. Elevator glass never had a spot on them. The rooms were a nice size, I lucked out and got a wheelchair accessible bathroom......very large. I would have liked a few more shops on this ship.
Our steward was very friendly. He learned our names the first day on the ship and greeted us daily with our names and how are you doing today. Always took the time to ask what we were going to do and when we came back if we enjoyed ourselves. Our two waitstaff people in the dining room went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. I really felt as though we made "friends" on the boat. The staff around the boat seemed to want to know you by name. The casino bar bartenders would also try to call you by name if you frequently stopped by to have a drink. (as we did every evening)
Camp Carnival must have done their job, because one evening during dinner, they announced that there were 400 children on board the ship. Truly, I didn't know there were any. I didn't get down to the pool, so if there were maybe they were there. During the Halloween party, I did see some kids trick or treating, but that was only briefly. I did hear some kids singing one day, but never did see them.
The food was excellent in the dining room. I had started a diet 5 months before the cruise, and was worried I would gain too much weight.....I ate what was on my plate, dessert every night and only gained 4 lbs back. I had duck, lobster, prime rib, steak, and salmon, soup, salad, baked potatoe and dessert. I felt like a queen. We were serenaded by the waitstaff every evening. The dining room was the "gold" room. It was beautiful. We had the late night dinner 8:30 p.m. It was good that you did not have to rush during the day, but then missed some of the shows at night. We had so much fun with our waitsaff that we stayed sometimes until 10:00 - 10:30 just having fun. I thought the food in the buffet was good, but it seemed when I wanted to go and have a quick snack in the buffet it was closing. Ice cream, pizza and most times hamburgers/cheeseburgers could be had at any time of the day.
George Town, Grand Cayman
We went to the nearest beach from the port drop off. Beautiful beach, food was a little expensive as well as the drinks. My family went snorkeling for the very first time. They really enjoyed it and it was only a few yards away from the beach. They all said it was awesome.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
We decided to take a tour from one of the local tour guides. At first we were just going to walk around, but he approached us and the price was right. For $20.00 per person he would take us where ever we wanted to go. There were six in our party. We went to Fern Gully, Shopping, and the Beach. Our tour guide was so informative, I have never learned so much about a country as I did from him. The beach was a private one, we ate, swam and had drinks. The music was playing, my son got his hair braided and it was a really wonderful day.
Key West, Florida
We went on the glass bottom boat. Just about every person on the boat was either laying down, or wanting to lay down. The captain said that a lot of people do not do well out on the seas. The waves that particular day were cresting at 3 feet. If you went outside and stood on the deck, it seemed you were not as sick as staying inside. I could not open my eyes. I did not feel nautious, just sick. I could not enjoy the fish, I couldn't look at the boat moving to see the fish. And at times I wished that the captain would quit talking so much.
Don't Miss: There were a lot of nice shops to visit. Reasonably priced items.