Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Our very first time cruising

Sail Date: May 01, 2007

This was our first cruise. We didn't really know what to expect. The first two days were terrific. Day 1 we layed out, ate a delicious meal and had wonderful service. Day 2 we ported in Freeport, Bahamas. What a horrible place to port! It was so run down and very industrial. Very disappointing. We did however enjoy the rest of our evening on the ship. Day 3 I ended up getting horribly sick and ended up being quarentined to the ship. I wasn't allowed to leave the ship when we ported in Mexico. I was sick for a total of two and half days which, when you're only on vacation for 6 days, that counts for almost half of our time. My husband was frustrated because he felt he couldn't have as good of a time without me. It was very dissappointing. I was obviously fine when I got there. At least I was able to enjoy the last day at sea.

Pros: Staff, entertainment

Cons: Getting sick, shore excursions

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!

Our waiter Sunatra, or "Sunny", was THE BEST!! Very good at waiting tables and very entertaining as well.
Damien in the piano bar was great.
EVERYONE (except for a rare few) was extremely nice. When I was sick and had to stay in my cabin, our room steward showed up with two large bottles of water and a six pack of sprite.