Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Panama Cruise Over Christmas '06, 8 days

Sail Date: December 01, 2006

The ship was lovely. The rooms were clean and spacious however there was a "pipe" problem below (around, above) our room that couldn't be repaired. EXTREMELY loud but no one else was bothered by it. The food was good but the desserts seemed like they "had been done before". Hard to get a drink (soft or otherwise) at dinner. The staff was very nice and seemed to want to help. Overall this was a very nice ship...if they could only do something about the ship seeming to be cut in half...did a lot of elevator changing trying to figure out where we were and wanted to be.

Pros: spacious stateroom, food was good yet desserts were predictable, staff, the hypnotist was hysterical!!!

Cons: Grand Maya, noise in only MY stateroom, ship seems to be cut in half..hard to figure out which elevators you should be taking (did a lot of back-tracking)

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!

The food was good but not as good as I had hoped, or expected. Room service was less than desireable. I asked for cookies one night for 3 (two teenagers) and I was brought 2 brownies, 2 oatmeal cookies and 2 chocloate chip cookies. Evening buffets were a little disappointing, too.
The ship was very clean. The decor was beautiful and the public areas were nice, although often overcrowded. I guess we all came out when it wasn't raining...not the ships fault. You couldn't beat the giant screen outdoor TVs to watch a football game even in the rain!
Rooms were very clean. beds were heavenly and everything worked in good order. The room steward even kept my small ice cooler filled with ice as I asked on the 1st day. It was an 8 day cruise!!!
As I said, our room stewards were great, I was often in the room when they wanted to clean but they never made me feel like I had to leave. I was "quarrantined" the last day and a six-pack of Sprite and ice were brought to my room. Also given free in-room movies you'd normally have to pay for. Son jumped over a chair during one of the shows and medical staff was very caring and patient.
The hypnotists was hysterical. Too funny. The shows were all very good. I didn't partake much in other wish they adult spa was FOR ADULTS ONLY.