Older smaller ship but very enjoyable

Carnival Legend Cruise Review

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Legend

7 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)

Sail date: March 01, 2020

Ship: Carnival Legend

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 8104

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Even though the corona virus is just becoming a thing in the US we still had a good time. Stinks that everyone after us is getting on board credit and cheap rooms, but oh well. Cruise was nice, cruise Director was good (Frankie). We got all of our ports ok, no issues.

Embarkation

Very quick and easy (but we ate platinum)

Ship experiences

I typically lose my appetite in a cruise due to motion sickness. What I did eat was ok. Not great and not bad. Just in the middle.

I thought there was opportunity for a few more activities in this cruise. The agenda just wasn’t as packed as it is in other cruises. This could be due to size as well.

Time for Carnival to switch it up! I have seen Motor City more times than I can count! Refresh the shows!!!!

Everyone was great this cruise!

Mattress was springy and the couch could stand to be replaced. Normal wear and tear. Even though they “cleaned balconies” twice, it never seemed clean.

Ship tip

Book midship. We were in the front of 8 this cruise and we were the furthest point from Truffles Dining room.

Ports of call