Dreamy!

Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Legend

7 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)

Sail date: March 01, 2020

Ship: Carnival Legend

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 7282

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

The only disappointment was the room cleanliness and lack of room stewards. Overall experience was great and I can’t say enough about how we loved Acer and the time in the dining room. I was privileged to have Mickey as my cruise director on my first cruise and I think he will be very hard to beat. After being with him for a week, I really missed the excitement that he had brought to our last cruise. Frankie was kind and informative, but I would love to have seen him about the ship more and with some more excitement. I think it was Ben(?) who was my very favorite of the fun squad. He entertained during karaoke and the cooking demonstration. He was energetic, funny, and did a great job. Overall, great cruise with my friends!

Embarkation

Ease of boarding, luggage, kind workers was very much appreciated.

Ship experiences

Acer,Feruk, and Robbi were absolutely amazing! Our dining room experience made for the best memories and was the most memorable experience of our time on board the ship. That staff was exceptional.

Talent and the shows entertainment was disappointing. I have been to many shows whether it be on board the ship or on other type vacations and it’s one of the things I usually enjoy the most. I know they work hard and seemed well rehearsed and prepared, but the talent lacked the professional quality that I would expect. Bingo was a hit, enjoyed the Q&A with Frankie, but seemed like there was a lack of overall excitement that I’ve experienced on my last cruise.

Whoops. I described all this in the activity part of the survey. Loved the cooking demonstration by the Chef! That was great.

Waiters in dining room were exceptional. Don’t really have many comments to offer about other staff. We didn’t eat in the buffet area much but the ones we came in contact with were kind and polite. The lady at the towel exchange was not very friendly. May have been a language thing? Room stewards - worst experience I have had with the room staff. We barely saw our guys the whole week and they were not made very available at all. We had to call for towel replacements at the beginning of the week and our room barely looked like it had been touched. Hair in the sink and on soap, shower curtain only pulled back with no floor mat left, etc. the fellows were kind when they were seen, but not overly friendly. I think they were Fransisco and Henri maybe?

We noticed the higher level Of cleanliness and attention to sanitizing due to the virus threats. It was welcomed and appreciated. Maybe this could be an explanation for the room steward lack of attention? Maybe they had extra job duties because of the virus threat? I would hope to hear of an explanation because I was very disappointed in that area.

Beds were comfortable. Even the bunk! The ladders are very uncomfortable on bare feet of adults. Lol. Maybe little feet didn’t experience this but this chubby lady had difficulty. I ended up stepping on the desk to climb onto the bed. Just a pity complaint for informational purposes. Cleanliness was disappointing.

Ship tip

Don’t overpack! Take advantage of the dining room experience as much as possible and the excursions we were on were amazing.

Ports of call

Tampa, Florida

Didn’t do anything except board the ship.

We did a downtown shopping and beach excursion. Our tour guide was great but don’t remember his name. Didn’t have much time in the different areas, but that was no issue. Only had about 50 minutes at the beach, but enjoyed the drinks and the fish pedicure/massage that was available for an unusual experience.

Belize City, Belize

Starfish Island Getaway was absolutely breathtaking and incredible. I would describe this excursion as dreamy and something that I was extremely blessed to have experienced. Loved the beach, service with drinks was exceptional, beach was beautiful, activity was great, people were friendly, absolutely dreamy. By far, my favorite excursion and will definitly choose this again if I get the opportunity.

Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

We did the excursion with the skylight to the island with the chairs, clamshells and water float. Great time, loved the beach and lunch that we purchased. Loved that restrooms were clean and close. Mike helped up with the chair and umbrella rentals and he was fantastic!

George Town, Grand Cayman

Beautiful!! We did an excursion with Anchor Tours to Stingray Sandbar and the tour guide Steph was amazing. captain Winston and his crew were amazing and because of them, our experience was incredibly memorable. I highly recommend them and that specific excursion. Fantastic!

Disembarkation

Easy, fast and hassle free! Just hated to return to reality!