Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Solid Cruise - Cigar Smokers Beware

Sail Date: April 01, 2014

The Legend is a smaller vessel than many of the other cruise ships that I've been on which was really nice. The service as always is phenomenal\, the food was great and our aft balcony was unbelievably awesome.

Here are a couple of things to look out for.
1.) My experience with Marriott Cruise only was less than satisfactory. They have their low cost guarantee posted all over their site\, but when there was a price reduction on our cruise we received no credit from either carnival or Marriott . On top of that our \"agent\" refused to return my calls after the priced dropped and I was forced to call the 800 line. The first attendant flat out lied to me and said there wasn't a price drop. The second attendant at least admitted to the price drop but said that we didn't qualify because we paid our ticket price in full when we booked. Yes\, once you have paid for the cruise this company will no longer honor the pricing commitments so don't give them all your money when booking. Make sure to use the deposit system that way if there is a price reduction prior to your cruise you can receive your \"promised\" credit. After this experience I'll probably just go back to booking with Carnival because the points weren't worth the hassle\, and once you use a travel agent all carnival does is tell you to call your agent if there is a price reduction. That's the most frustrating thing if you go through it. Both companies promise a low price guarantee and then neither of them follow through because we paid for the cruise up front.

Parents of small children be forewarned that the artwork around the staterooms is fairly explicit. Many of the pictures are of naked or mostly naked individuals\, and our group was joking around most of the trip that when our young children are old enough to learn about the birds and bees we should just take them on the Legend.

Cigar Smokers - despite what's published online there is no more jazz club on the Legend. It was re

Pros: Service\, Main Dining Room\, Aft Balcony\, Chef's table

Cons: Marriott Cruises Only service levels\, No cigar Bar/Club on the ship\, No follow through on the low price guarantees by either Carnival or Cruises Only

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

The entertainment was well done but all they did was cover 60's 80's and motor city music. None of this was in my entertainment wheelhouse so it wasn't all that enjoyable to me. However\, if you enjoyed those era's I think you would have really like the entertainment. The Punchliner comedy club really delivered and we'll be retelling many of those jokes for years to come.
Staterooms on Carnival ships are always well maintained and the stewards are always awesome.
The food was good and our main dining room staff were excellent. We participated in the Chef's table which is expensive at $75 per person\, but the food was EXCEPTIONAL\, the service during the meal was AMAZING\, and we'll strongly consider doing this again. We also ate that the Golden Fleece Steakhouse (the one where each person pays an additional $35). The steakhouse was a complete waste of money and we won't ever do that again. The steaks weren't very good\, they limit the quantity to one item per section of the menu\, and the service was so so. Why pay $35 extra dollars per person and then not get the benefit of being able to order what you want from the menu???
We really liked this size ship. It didn't feel as crowded and with only one dining room on board it was easy to move from the forward to aft sections easily on any floor.