Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Transatlantic

A wonderful cruise

Sail Date: September 01, 2013

Overall\, Carnival Legend is a great ship. Everything worked well with no plumbing or electrical problems. The elevators were better than on any other cruise I've taken.
The dcor is very dated throughout the ship and I heard many comments about the gaudiness and the giant urns everywhere.

Pros: It's hard to pick the best but beautiful icebergs in Greenland will be in my memory forever.

Cons: We knew our balcony had a partially obstructed view but didn't know that it's a worse view if the lifeboat is also a tender boat. We could only see out if we were standing up. I called guest services and although they told me they would get back to me\, they never did. Disappointing.

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

The Legend is just the right size. Small enough to get to know people and to get where you want to go easily. However\, a big negative is the accessibility for people with walkers or wheelchairs. I travelled with a walker as did many others on this cruise. Public restrooms are impossible and excursions were not well planned for the handicapped. On two excursions\, everyone waited in Follies for their number to be called and those who needed assistance had a special mark on the number. However\, when it was time to go\, the \"staff leader\" simply called the number and marched off down the stairs leaving me and several others behind without direction as to which floor to go to or where the ramp was located.
The main problem we had was the location\, behind the tender boat. It's time for an upgrade on TVs and electrical outlets. The bed was very comfortable.
I was very impressed with the service we received on the ship. Our room steward\, Laxme\, was extremely good and took very good care of us as did his assistant\, Anna. Dining room staff was also great. The only negative with service is the excursion crew who state over and over that they don't discriminate against the handicapped but just don't have a plan to handle it well.
I was a little disappointed with activities on this cruise.