Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Christmas 2012 Carnival Legend Cruise

Sail Date: December 01, 2012

My family and I had an absolutely wonderful time on this cruise. The staff worked their tails off & were very friendly. The food was great. The room was made up twice a day and the activities were fun and varied enough for everyone in our family. For the life of me\, I don't understand some of the negative reviews other than they were made by older people who don't have young families anymore but want Carnival prices. If that's the case\, then consider spending a little more money and don't go on a cruise that caters to young families because that's Carnival's niche and they fill it very well. For those of you who do have young families and want to get away at an affordable price with activities for virtually everyone\, this is the cruise for you. In fact\, the day after we returned\, my wife and I started charting out our 2013 Christmas cruise with Carnival. We can't wait to go again next year!

Pros: Everything

Cons: Nothing

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

Had enough pools and the ship was clean and well kept.
Great varied food every night. Now\, the regular dining isn't Morton's or Ruth Chris but if you want that you can go to the Steakhouse for an extra price.
We had a king sized bed with two bunk beds for our teenage boys and a balcony. Perfect for a family of 4.
As I stated above\, these people work very hard and are very professional. In fact\, we gave them an extra tip because the recommended tip wasn't enough.
You're not going to get Broadway level talent here but\, that said\, the entertainers give it all they have and do a good job. We enjoyed all the Vegas style shows and all but one of the comedy shows. However\, where else can you go swimming in Mahogany Bay for a couple of hours\, eat lunch on the ship\, dance and drink beer for a few hours in the afternoon\, clean up in the stateroom and then go out for an elegant dinner\, comedy show and Vegas style show all in one day for one affordable price without worrying where your kids are or having to drive home after having a few drinks? We've looked into all inclusive resorts and this ship has it beat by far.