Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A good cruise with so-so weather

Sail Date: January 01, 2014

Decor was a bit old & tacky - Las Vegas-like\, but OK otherwise.

Pros: Meals\,

Cons: Didn't get to go to Grand Cayman - which is what we were looking most forward to visiting & the excursion we wanted to do in Cozumel was cancelled; the alternative was OK\, but provided less beach time on one of the few sunny days

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

We didn't participate in any of the day time onboard ship activities as we preferred to be out in the sun - when it was nice. We did enjoy the comedian show and the 2 musical shows we went to.
If I hadn't gone on a cruise on the Ruby Princess prior to this cruise\, I wouldn't have expected much\, but on staff on that cruise were exceptional in this area - very outgoing\, helpful and friendly. The statesrooms staff was alway polite saying \"hi\" when we passed by them - they seemed to be working extremely very hard (& constantly) that I don't blame them for not being more outgoing.
It was pretty basic\, but satisfied my needs; More hangers for clothing and additional clothes drawers are needed.
In the buffet restaurants\, I didn't like the layout - having different hot food stations in different corners meant having to stand on perhaps several different lines to get want you wanted