Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A great first cruise

Sail Date: January 01, 2013

The was a first (but not last) cruise for my husband and I. My parents also joined us as well as my brother. We found the experience to be a perfect blend of relaxation and adventure. We really enjoyed ourselves and are returning to Philadelphia mid-winter with a renewed energy. We all did the all-inclusive drink package for $50/day. For someone like myself this may not have been worth it but it certainly was for my brother and husband (and each member of your cabin has to purchase the package). I was impressed with the quality of the drink menu and it was very nice not to have to worry about the cost each time we ordered something. Initially\, we chose this ship because of the itinerary. We were disappointed to find upon arrival to our ship that our second destination of Belize was changed to Costa Maya. Aside from this\, the ports we did visit were nice and unique in their own ways. We really enjoyed this aspect of the cruise.

Pros: The dinners\, comedy shows\, staff\, and ports.

Cons: The buffet and small/crowded pools

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

We made good use of the gym most days. It wasn't great but of the many resorts we have stayed at over the years\, this cruise ship had the nicest gym. It was never too crowded to work out either. I was disappointed with the tiny \"running/walking track\" outside. We did a cycling class one day which wasn't bad either. We loved the comedy shows that we saw...we probably saw about 4 of them. The casino was pretty good too even though we aren't big gamblers. We may have spent more time there had there not been so much smoking there. We saw one of the \" nightly entertainment shows\" which was really great as well. There was always a lot to do and the schedule was very easy to access and follow.
The dining staff and our room attendants were the best. They were friendly and a pleasure to be around or simply pass by in the halls. The bartenders were the least friendly and attentive of the staff but overall provided average service at the worst.
We had a room with a balcony which we will definitely do in the future as well. I particularly loved waking up\, opening the curtains\, and seeing the ocean every morning. The sunrises and sunsets were a bonus. We were completely satisfied with the size and comfort of our room as well. There was ample space for our belongings and for the two of us to move about. It was clean and we slept well there. I also really appreciated the sound proof cabins.
I was not very impressed with the buffets but it wasn't a big deal. They weren't bad but I guess I expected a larger and nicer buffet with more variety given the size of the ship. The restaurant was great however and we thoroughly enjoyed our meals there. The quality of the food and the variety of menu choices were really nice for a foodie like myself. The service was wonderful on top of that. I looked forward to dinner (and definitely dessert) every day :)
The ship was very clean and easy to navigate.