Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean

Not up to expectation

Sail Date: September 01, 2012

This was my fifth cruise and I had expected it to be as good as the other cruises that I took on Holland America lines,but it was sadly lacking. The food was no where near as good as on Holland lines,and the etertainment was sadly lacking both in quality and quanity.The etertaiment was also misleading when it is listed as family friendly I expect that to be pg not verging on R.There was a adult comedy show and hour and thats where most of the shows should have stayed because of the vulgarity and induendos and the g string costumes and briefs on the men in the shows. The quality I also found poor and on Holland America lines the crews shows were better than the flown in entertainers on Carnival. Then there was the lido deck on other cruises I was always on this deck enjoying myself and relaxing and just loving being there,not so with this cruise to get anywhere on lido we had to walk thru the smoking area and pool. Seriously I dont smoke. I dont want to smell like smoke. I dont want to breathe others smoke...ever. Why should I have to walk thru a smoke zone anytime I wanted to get something to eat. OK now food...lacking..and yea it was interesting all the different stations ok it actually helped I lost weight trying to get a meal put together from all the walking I had to do from station to station. I must say that the crew did a great job cleaning our cabin and dining room service was good but I dont like the tiping system cause why call it a tip if it is automatically taken out of your account....seems to me it would make more sense to just include it in the price of the ticket and state that and then allow tiping for good service like it was meant to be. I did like the adult only deck just wished that it could have been the 40's and older deck and have 50 and 60s music playing softly and having the pool and hottub in working order all the time. Well there you go and now I am off to plan another cruise.....with a different line...of course.

Pros: The adult only deck

Cons: food\,entertainment\,smoking deck\,

Recommends Carnival Legend? No.

did not like the layout especially the lido deck with the smoking area that we had to walk thru to get to where we wanted to go.I mean if Carnival wants to cater to them put them at the end of the ship where the smokers have to go out their way to smoke so the rest of us get to keep and have the fresh air we paid for.
ditto on what I have said before
the room was no better or worse than other rooms I have stayed in\,I did like the fact it was shower only and that the shampooes where in a dispenser.
because the size of the ship the cruise directors and staff just cant get to know people as they can on the smaller ships and I missed that.
if there was a rating below not recommended I would of chosen that one.I could go on and on and on how this area could be improved.Yes I really could be if you want that advice you would have to email me to get it.