Still good value for money

Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: September 01, 2012
Ship: Carnival Legend
I believe Carnival is good value for the money. Remember you get what you pay for. I know I can pay more and get a better accomodation, the standard is acceptable .
Getting on and off the ship gets faster each year. The only annoying thing is the tardiness of the US imigration, our friends had to endure a long wait when disembarking. they were an hour late. I hope Carnival do a survey on them. I travel a lot and some imigration offices should be applauded for their approach and attitude, but there are others that should not be in a job.
The Entertainment was excellent, it normally is.
The quality of the food was very good, when it was served hot. This only happened once and was quicky replaced with a fresh new meal which was hot.
I enjoyed the flexibilty of being able to order a meal not on the menu in the main dining room.

Food on the Lido deck is good but displays a lack of imagination\, especially on the daily themes.
Menus in the Main Dining room were predictable\, but very good. I enjoyed ordering a meal that was not on the menu. I had an excellent Indian meal.
Did not dine in the Specialty Steak Restaurant. The menu never changes for year to year.

Overal staff friendliness\, willingness and ability to help was very good\, except for some bar staff.

I would have liked the balconies cleaned more frequently

Pros: In the main dining room\, being able to order food not on the menu. I had an excellent Indian meal one night.

Cons: Predictable menus\, lack of imagination on daily food themes

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!