Great Cruise

Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

Sail Date: August 01, 2012
Ship: Carnival Legend
I loved the ship. I had read about the decor before going - but found it to be glitzy and beautiful. I like glitz though. It was clean and the crew was super. I loved Truffles Dining room. We ate upstairs for our evening meals. We had the anytime dining and I didn't like the idea of it at all, but found that we loved the anytime dining. It really worked with our schedule. We sat at a table for 2 every night, but found that we were near others that we had met during the week and enjoyed their company if we wanted. It was an ideal situation for us. The food was excellent. Do not pass up the Chocolate Melting Cake even if you are on a diet. That was another thing that I really liked. Sugar-free desserts were offered all the time. We enjoyed all of the ports where we stopped. We booked all of our excursions through the ship and would probably do the same again even if it does cost a little more. Reasoning: you are first off the ship and if you are late getting back, the ship waits. lol.

Food was excellent. Anytime dining is the only way to go. We felt pampered the whole time. Service was a little slow\, but there were a lot of us on the ship.

We spent most of our time in the casino.

Everyone was super.

We booked late so ended up near the front/bow of the ship. That made for a lot of walking. But you got used to it.

We had an extended balcony room. There was plenty of storage for the 2 of us and we took a lot of clothes. Dumb on our part.

Pros: The food was fantastic.

Cons: Losing at the casino and lunch the first day at the buffet. It was crowded and hard to find a seat.

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!