Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruising is not for me.

Sail Date: March 01, 2011

The ship was decorated very elaborately and I can't say I like that much. It didn't have a very cozy feel, but more of a fancy Vegas hotel.

Pros: Service

Cons: Pushy sales pitches

Recommends Carnival Legend? No.

The ship staff was never around. I thought I would see them all over the place making sure people were having a good time, conducting games, or something, but nope! All I saw were cocktail waiters and cleaning people.
Not much to do for teenagers. My sons thought Club 02 was a joke and were very disappointed in the whole cruise. Very boring for them. I saw little kids having a great time as well as college kids, but the in-between ages looked like they'd rather be home with their friends.
The ship was way too big and I had a hard time learning the layout. The ship was very clean and getting on and off in ports was pretty easy.
Although the food was good, it wasn't 5-star by any means. Portions were small and also repetitive. The buffet by the pool was the same menu all 7 days of the cruise which got very old. We choose the "any-time dining" and liked that option. The wait staff were great and very funny. I found the menu choices boring and not as good as I was expecting.
We only went to a couple shows. The hypnotist was really good and made a believer out of my son. The cruise director, Wee Jimmy, was an irritating little runt and he drove me nuts!
Our stateroom was nice. I'm glad we chose the balcony!!! The Steward was fantastic as well - always busy and eager to please.