Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Excellent cruise

Sail Date: August 01, 2010

I really enjoyed the exotic western caribbean destinations that the Legend went to and the accessibility of options to choose from in the excursions. Booking excursions from our cabin television was very convenient and the staff at the desk were also very helpful to me when I had questions about how to make the most of our time at the ports. The amenities on the ship were great, I especially liked the expertise at the hair salon and the gym equipment and weight room area had state of the art equipment even better than what my gym at home has. I recommend eating at the steakhouse on the Legend as the food was excellent. the fine dining experience was perfect for a special occasion and the food was delicious. I ordered filet mignon and lobster tail and it was the best prepared food I had on the ship all week. I found the dining room food to be hit or miss and not of as high quality ingredients or flavor. All of the staff on the ship were more than willing to help with any request, such as if I wanted a specialty beverage that wasn't on the menu or needed to book a last minute appointment. Our stateroom steward was always accommodating to our schedule and needs and did a meticulous job during the twice daily cleanings. There were a substantial amount of activities available for on board entertainment. The night club had great music and the bingo nights and blackjack tournament at the casino were a lot of fun. Overall a great vacation with friendly and hard-working staff, tons of activities for all interests to keep busy with, and amazing port destinations.

Pros: western caribbean ports

Cons: dining room food

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

Steakhouse = excellent