Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Cruise with excellent amenities

Sail Date: August 01, 2010

The Carnival Legend is a fun ship with many amenities and activities available for all kind of guests. Had a great time on the cruise to celebrate our wedding and honeymoon. Our stateroom was very clean upon arrival and the twice daily steward service kept our room that way, our steward even folded our clothes and organized our toiletrees. On our wedding night on the 3rd cruise day, he went above and beyond by making 2 swan towel animals with flowers on them. There were excellent amenities on the ship including a gym with state of the art equipment and clean environment, a spa that offered a variety of massages and treatments, an outdoor track on the upper deck that had a cool breeze for running, miniature golf, and dancing. On the morning of our wedding, I really appreciated the salon opening early for me so that we could remain on schedule. The stylist did a great job on my hair despite the short notice and time constraint, and the nail technician even lent me a bottle of nail polish to touch up my chipped nails for pictures.. since there was not time to get them fixed. Also on short notice the photography department was very helpful to us in securing a photographer to accompany us on our wedding at a port stop. The photographer was very professional and we ended up with some excellent photo memories. The food at the steakhouse was amazing, I ordered filet and lobster tail that was cooked perfectly and of excellent quality. I also really enjoyed the sushi bar and thought the sushi was expertly prepared, I only wish it had been open before 6pm for lunch. The international buffet was always good and I liked being able to sample different types of cuisine such as Caribbean and Mexican which kept in theme with some of our port stops. Some buffet and dining room food choices I considered to be average. Many times the food was overall average due to blandness or odd combinations of ingredients. The lobster and prime rib in the dining room did stand out as well above average during the first formal night. The service on the ship was generally timely and efficient. There was always someone available to order a drink from on the sundeck and we never had to wait too long when requesting something, with the exception of bar drinks in the dining room which often ran a little slow. There were many activities on board the ship to participate in which I took notice of in the daily cruise news and announcements. I liked how there were activities for children and a variety of things to do in many interest areas for adults... such as bingo, casino tournaments, comedy shows, dating games, and nightclubs. The opera singer that was entertaining in the lounge while we were eating at the steakhouse was one of the best I've ever heard. In taking the great advice of the cruise director, we signed up for an excursion in Isla Roatan Honduras that ended up being our favorite of the trip... Gumbalimba Park with monkey refuge and Tabyana Beach, one of the nicest beaches in the world... definitely a paradise with great snorkeling.

Pros: Customer Service and activities

Cons: Dining room food

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

Layout and maps made it easy to find areas of the ship. Public areas were kept clean. Decor was interesting to note legends of history displayed. The buffet area was often overcrowded with limited space to move around (especially when carrying trays). The walkways between buffets, beverage stations, and tables were too small for the volume of people on the ship. there was ample seating available in the dining areas.
With the exception of the steakhouse which had superior service and food quality
Sufficient size and enjoyed balcony views while sailing. Bed was very comfortable.
Many times going above and beyond for guest satisfaction. No complaints, not one instance of a rude or disgruntled staff member.
Excellent variety in entertainment and readily and informative information about excursions.