Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A great cruise for the family

Sail Date: April 01, 2010

Booked the Carnival Legend for April 2010. This was to be a celebration with the family, including my dad and mother-in-law. Unfortunately it was not to be for me and my husband as I had a heart attack within the first 24 hours of boarding the ship HOWEVER....the staff of Carnival Legend, from Dr. Rios who saved my life, the nurses, the staff that removed me from the ship in Grand Cayman are to be thanked and commended. The purser's desk staff went above and beyond to reach out to my children, father and mother-in-law who had to stay on board after I was airlifted off of Grand Cayman. The staff went above and beyond to make sure my family was taken care of and able to communicate with me in a Miami Hospital.
I will say I travel both on RCL and Carnival and Carnival has always been the top choice with us. My children and father were able to be comfortable in knowing I was receiving great treatment back in Miami and they enjoyed the rest of their vacation and made some wonderful friends and memories. The staff at Carnival in Miami also went above and beyond to make sure my husband was taken care of while I was in the hospital.
I would recommend to anyone Carnival Cruise Lines.

Pros: The Staff of the Legend

Cons: nothing - except I wasn't able to enjoy it.

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

For an older ship, the ship was in great shape.
Food as always was great. Our waiter and assistant waiter were wonderful and took amazing care of my family after I had to disembark the ship due to medical emergency. Steakhouse was also worth the extra charge to eat there.
Had Balcony cabins as this was a celebration. We had two cabins and our stateroom attendant was great. My mother-in-law and daughter got to know him and he kept everything pristine during the trip.
Cannot say enough about the Staff. Dr. Rios, I love you and the nurses. The treatment I received to stablize me and save me. The rest of the ship's staff were "awesome" at how they made sure my children and father were taken care of while they tried to enjoy the rest of the cruise.
Had a blast on the first sail away night, maybe too much fun and excitement. The teen club was great for my 16 year old, and he has kept in touch with a number of the kids he met.