Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Good family vacation

Sail Date: July 01, 2006

We were on the July 23, 2006 sailing. My wife and I, son 11, daughter 7. Check-in was fine. They said not to get there too early and that's good advice. The whole process took about an hour, and we were on board in plenty of time to settle in and enjoy sail away. Food was generally good, and I really recommend the supper club! Four pools with one being adult only helped spread people out. The shows in Follies were really good, even the kids enjoyed them. Enough daily activities to keep you busy, but I enjoyed just sitting, relaxing. Kids activites, baby sitting, gave us grown ups plenty of kid free time. Ports of call OK, but mid afternoon arrival in PR and early departure from Tortula means most of the cruise is at sea. We had a balcony room. It was roomy enough for all four and the bed was very comfortable. Service is very good, nice staff in all areas. Debarkation would go better without the self assist. That took almost 2hrs. Yet, when they called our deck, we were off and at the curb side in 15 minutes. Good value, good vacation, I recommend it.

Pros: Enough to do for everyone to have a good time

Cons: not enough time in ports of call