Carnival Legend Cruise Review

First cruise for my husband and I, so we were a little disappointed with the confusion at embarkation and disembarkation. I booked within 2 weeks of trip through this website and was told to pick up my boarding passes at the pier. At the pier, was told by a Carnival representative, that "this is new to us" while she finally found someone who knew what she was doing and got us taken care of. Most passengers went to Philadelphia by car, so parking was a nightmare, took l l/2 hrs. to inch into the parking area. Luggage was snatched from me untagged and put aboard without my cabin #. Luckily, because of where we were positioned on board, we were first off (which was not until after 10:00 a.m. as opposed to what another poster said). So we sat for a few hours waiting to disembark.Cruise itself was wonderful, the ship beautiful, took awhile to understand how to get around. We had an inside on Empress Deck 6, quiet and peaceful, ship hardly rocked considering some windy weather.The food was excellent at dinners in Truffles, not so good at breakfast and lunch there, always decent at the buffet with lots of variety at Unicorn on Lido Deck, 24 hr. pizza great, coffee not too good anywhere, even at pay cafe.Wait staff at restaurant was OK, room steward fantastic, entertainment very good, especially Christopher Allen Graves' show (playing renditions of Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis, Jr. music), other entertainment OK - the only lounge singer worth listening to was Tony Ray in the Club Merlin Casino.The pianist and strings players who played at times in the lounges were excellent, the crew very friendly.Bermuda was simply gorgeous, people laid back and friendly, the island reminds you of a fairy tale place with its pastel stucco houses with pretty little yards, flowers everywhere, and skinny winding streets with speeding tiny cars and mopeds. The buses simply zoomed around bends and up and down winding roads with gorgeous scenery. Spent one full afternoon on Horsehoe Bay Beach, one of the prettiest on the island. The water was warm enough for swimming and as clean and beautiful as expected. Everyone there seemed to enjoy the day and the fact that there were changing rooms and showers for after the beach made the trip back to the ship more enjoyable. We didn't shop until the last morning since we had only a l/2 day and had to board by 1:30 p.m. The Legend has to dock at the Royal Naval Dockyard because of its size as opposed to other cruise ships that dock right in downtown Hamilton or St. George, which obviously is more convenient, but you have to make a choice, nicer ship or nicer docking area. The docking place of the Legend necessitates about a 5 minute walk (I timed it walking leisurely) from the pier to the bus/ferry station to get into town, with shops a little further nearby for souveniers, food, clothing, etc.I agree the time in Bermuda was too short (2 half days and 1 whole day). It would be better to have less cruising and more time in Bermuda.