Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Carnival has gone downhill

Sail Date: November 01, 2009

First of all, we had bad weather, we had rain, 5 out of 7 days, nothing was planned for bad weather, there was nothing to do on the ship when trips were cancelled due to weather conditions, the personnel were off for the day, and there was no plan "B" so to speak so everyone just sat around the ship all day. BORING!!!!! No DECK parties as other lines have, if this is supposed to be the fun ship, I want to know what the other lines are, I would rather pay a little more and go on a better line. Before automatic tipping, the cabin was cleaned, I do not leave things around, in my cabin, but even the bathroom was cleaned, and if you left something like a sweater, it was in your closet, you are now lucky to find your bed made up. The service is no longer there since they know they are getting the tip anyway, it's already on your bill, we used to tip more, because they did more, but they no longer give you those services, so they no longer get those tips.

I don't know about any other cruise lines, but Carnival, has really cut their budget on food, no midnight buffet, they could have had one, the food on the poolside buffet was never hot, the food in the dining room was o.k. but there was always at least one meals on a cruise that you said, WOW, that was a great meal, NO MORE, it's edible, and o.k., no more, no less. The waiters and waitresses used to know what you wanted to drink and have it there before you came in, that was something they would do, a little niceity, something to make you feel like they cared about you. No MORE, they are getting their money.

They only people we found friendly were the Casino Host, Maria from Russia, she was very friendly, nice girl. Joseph was always smiling! Most of the dealers would help you, we were not experts by no means, they would help you when you weren't sure of what to do. Yes, If you win, you tip them, but they could stand there all day, and never be tipped, I saw many people win and never tip the dealer, and they were still pleasant people.

Getting off the ship, don't go down to customs,,,,,we waited and hour and a half to find out they changed it -------not until you get off the ship, it was a joke ---------- they never even looked at the paper, they just wanted us gone......we got in late, had to arrest someone off the ship----------I guess he was carrying drugs, that took some time, then everyone carrying their own luggage off gets off, we didn't get off until 11am, so they were rushing us off, there was still a long line in back of us, and people were lined up already to get on.

Overall, Carnival and I probably have parted ways, never to be friends again!

Pros: Casino personnel

Cons: everything else!

Recommends Carnival Legend? No.

Rated food above, not hot, not great, a few nights I could have cared less about selections, not like it was a few years ago, no midnight buffet
Not much to do on days in port when it rains, everything cancelled, no Plan "B", Not much poolside, etertainment in casino terrible
The ship is kept quite clean