Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

missing ports of call

Sail Date: May 01, 2009

Just came back from a 7 day cruise on the carnival legend. With 4 port of calls Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands ; Cozumel, Mexico ; Belize ; Isla Roatan ; only received Grand Cayman, and Belize. Due to the swine flu virus in Cozumel, Mexico and civil unrest in Isla Roatan these ports where proudly change by Carnival Corp. to "A FUN DAY AT SEA" not so fun when a customer pays for 4 ports of call and 2 fun days at sea and received 2 ports and too many days at sea. The passengers, including myself were not too happy in the changes that where made and complaining that alternate ports should have been supplied. This is an easy and cheap way out for the cruise line; they already had my vacation paid in full 90 days prior to boarding. I was a fan of the CCL, but not now. After this experience I will look else where. I spent 3 hours on hold the week prior to sailing in regards to the swine flu virus to see what my options were, after holding for the 3 hours to speak to a supervisor that never answered; I finally hung up, just what they wanted. When you schedule a cruise you have to pay in full at the 90 day mark prior to sailing so you are at the mercy of the cruise line for any refund which was not available. If a customer pays for 4 ports that is exactly what should be given. I and others are outraged in regards to these changes with the compensation of $20.00 on board credit we received and no alternate ports of call.
The crew, state room attendants, and dining servers provided out standing service. The ship is clean and well maintained. The food was great in the dining room. It is a shame that the corp. does not take pointers from its staff, maybe the upper management should look to their employees on how the treat the customer. At this point Carnival the only thing making you look good is all the hard work the crew and staff is giving, not your judgment call on how to handle port cancellations. When plan A fails there should be a plan B, there was none.
The ports of call we did attend where good

Pros: crew and staff

Cons: 4 ports of call and only getting 2

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

great