Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Twice on this ship

Sail Date: November 01, 2008

This ship is currently sailing year round out of Tampa, FL. I live in Washington DC, and my Mom lives in Tampa. So I fly down to Tampa a day or so before the cruise and we are only a short drive to the ship. Have done this cruise twice in the past year, and going again in November 2009. I have been on over 50 cruises and always had fun, just a better time on some ships. I have sailed on Celebrity, HAL, Princess, RCCI, NCL, Costa, and a few other small lines. This is one of my favorite ships for a variety of reasons. The ship is a nice size at 88.5K Tons, not too big, not too little. It has everything you need for a nice vacation. The ship is VERY clean, the staff are very nice, cabins are spacious, shows are excellent, and the food is very good, especially the wide selection at the lunch buffet. The lunch buffet offers 24 hour pizza that is so-so. I like really thin crust pizza and never saw it offered. But the rest of the food is great, a huge salad bar (10 times better than the last HAL cruise), a deli, burgers, dogs, and fries, and onion rings near the pool, soft ice cream is several places, a daily changing international station, asain station, plus all the other typical fare. The even offered sushi, but that was at some odd times near the theatre. The gym is medium size, wish they had a few more cross trainers, but that is true for every ship lately, 25 tread mills and 6 cross trainers, and people are usually waiting for the cross trainers and 15 tread mills not being used.
Can't wait to go back on this ship in November 2009

Pros: The whole package is very good. The staff are nice, the cabins are roomy, the ship is clean, the shows are excellent, the food is better than HAL food- especially the Unicorn buffet.

Cons: Only one thing- I wish the hot tubs were open 24 hours, they are crowded at times, but this is true with every ship I have sailed- all 50 of them.

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

Great shows.
Always "shipshape"
Buffet food a-
Dining room b+
All cabins are a minium of 185 square foot- even the insides- largest at sea.
Always smiling and will talk to you.